Saturday, February 5, 2011

Jan. 30th 2011 Sunday, for dinner - chicken Tajine -

( ingredients )
whole chicken ( from west side market ), onion, dried apricot, chick peas, canned whole tomato, preserved lemon, paprika, clove, cumin, fennel, dried red pepper flakes, cinnamon sticks, ground cinnamon, fresh ginger root,  bay leaf, garlic
( evaluation )  2/5
The flavor was good and chicken was folk-tender ( it was so tender that we didn't need knife to cut and the flesh easily fell off from the bone. ) We didn't have a tomato paste so it was missing it. And I put too much chicken stock that's why it turned out like a chicken soup. While we were cooking this dish, our house was filled with luxurious aroma. I felt the onion was a little bit hard even though I braised it for more than 2 hours in the oven. Next time when I cook this dish, at first I should make sure that I have a tomato paste and measuring cup at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment