Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Le Petite Triangle Cafe

Le Petite Triangle Cafe

Because I could finish my work at Dante, and we didn't go out for dinner for a white, we decided to go to Le Petite Triangle Cade for dinner. Le Petite Triangle Cafe is a french style cafe and it is located in our neighborhood near to Carnegie West Public Library. As the name suggests, it is really small cafe and usually they have just 30 seats. And one cook and one server are working. I've been to there twice. The food was very delicious and it was not expensive. 

When we visited there last night, just one table was occupied and it was very quiet. ( usually it's the most quiet day on Monday and moreover it's February! ) We had a table which was right next to the door.  

French Mojito

Every dish on the menu was so attractive that it was hard to pick up one dish from them. At first we ordered drink; Martini  & French Mojito. The ingredients in the Mojito and french Mojito are almost same. Usually a regular Mojito is made of rum, lime juice, brown sugar, mint and soda. In french Mojito, sparkling wine is mixed instead of soda. That french Mojito was sooooooo intense! I think the bartender who was the server at the same time added too much lime juice. At first sip, my mouth was overflown with saliva and my face was contorted. 

After long deliberation, we finally decided what we were going to eat. For appetizer, we got a smoked trout and for entree, we ordered Beef Bourguignon and Lamb shank.  

Smoked Trout Plate

Beef Bourguignon

Lamb Shank
Every food was just excellent. The both meat were really tender and we didn't need to use knife. And they were well seasoned with not just only salt. Actually they used salt just enough amount for seasoning. So first I thought I needed to put more salt. But after couple bites, I noticed because of the small amount of salt used I could taste the real food flavor. This time I could learn how important to control the amount of salt to make a delicious food. 

We really enjoyed the food and we were satisfied and stuffed. So we thought there wasn't any more room in our stomach, but once we saw the dessert menu, we changed our mind. ( Always we have a special room for sweets! )
Most dessert are crepe besides creme buree and we got 2 kinds of sweet crepe; lemon custard and banana foster. 
Lemon Curd

Banana Foster
The crepe was amazing! It's soft and chewy. The caramelized banana was really tender and it was melt in my mouth. I thought there was dark chocolate sauce inside because the inside was black and moreover I could taste like chocolate. But the server said it didn't have any chocolate inside. So maybe it was just my fantasy? The lemon curd was also very good. It was tart and really good flavor. I should come here often to try every crepe!


No comments:

Post a Comment