Monday, February 7, 2011

Risotto with French Bean and Pecorino Romano


Basically I like any starchy foods; rice, bread, pasta, potatoes... and moreover I really like creamy, rich dish. So risotto is kind of ideal perfect dish for me. Sometimes people tend to be very nervous about the amount of fat, but it would be terrible for me to eat a dry and no flavor fat-free food. I wouldn't say fatty food is always good, but to make good food, definitely I need to some extent of fat.
I found a Arborio rice in my dry rack and Pecorino Romano in the fridge, so I decided to cook a risotto for lunch. I also had a french bean in the fridge, and I added it to a risotto.
Because of heavy cream and butter, it turned out to be really rich and cream one which is my favorite. I blanched french bean just enough to cook, so still it was very crunchy and tasty. Also it went well with that creamy flavor.

evaluation 5/5

( ingredients )
Arborio rice, Pecorino Romano, onion, french bean, Fresh Nutmeg, heavy cream, Italian Parsley

Pecorino Romano


Pecorino Romano is a hard, salty Italian cheese, suitable for grating, made out of sheep milk ( the Italian word pecora, from which the name derives, means sheep). It is mostly used on pasta dishes, like the better-known Parmigiano Reggiano. Because of its distinctive aromatic, pleasantly sharp, very salty flavor, it is preferred for some pasta dishes with highly-flavored sauce. The sharpness depends on the period of maturation, which varies from five months for a table cheese to at least eight months for a grating cheese.
Pecorino Romano cheese should not be confused with Pecorino Toscano ( from Tuscany) or Pecorino Sardo ( from Sardinia ). Unlike Pecolino Romano, these cheese are not particularly salty and are generally eaten by themselves or in sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment